Are you prepared? Accidents are unexpected and we don’t pray for them but it is best to be prepared. With preparation, there is less panic and a higher chance of saving more lives. First Aid in Nigeria is not taken seriously but we have to change that.
Are You Prepared to Help Your Loved Ones?
What if the unexpected happens? What would you do?
- Start shouting “Help me! Help me! to no one in particular?
- Start crying and begging and promising heaven and earth?
- Pull off your weave or cap or shirt and raising your hands in despair?
Or you take the right action to ensure he or she stays alive?
- Send for help
- Check for breathing
- Place in recovery position or begin CPR
Are You Prepared to Help The Children in Your Care?
It is better to hope for the best but prepare for the worst. As a preschool or school, you have a duty of care to the students and are legally responsible for their safety and well-being.
- Do you have a well-stocked first aid kit(s)?
- Do you have first aiders who have been appropriately trained and are available everyday once the school is in term?
- Does your staff have all the available first aid information as it related to first aid kits, medical care and transportation etc?
Are you prepared to help your Colleagues at Work?
Ask yourself. Would I know what to do if a colleague was choking or having a heart attack?
- Does your workplace have adequate first aid kits?
- Is there an available AED (Automated External Defibrillator)? Do you know how to use it?
- Have you had Training on Emergency First Aid for the Workplace?
- Do you have adequate signage to locate the first aid box, defibrillator or exit point?
We have a number of First Aid trainings that are handled on-site, in-house or online. Contact us to find out how best we can serve you. We hold regular Adult CPR & First Aid Trainings in our office in Ojodu. Call us on 08177321761 to find out when our monthly office first aid trainings will hold.