First aid for teachers course is suitable for people who work in schools and wish to have the first aid skills to be able to act in an emergency. This is a course prepared for participants to help both children and adults because it takes into consideration that the school is a workplace, therefore other adults are also present.
If you don’t need first aid training for work reasons but would like to learn first aid, take our first aid for baby and child class or our first aid for adults class which gives you the confidence to act in a medical emergency with the appropriate response.
- School staff
What Will You Learn?
- Understand the role and responsibilities of the first aider
- Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
- Be able to provide first aid for a child or adult who is unresponsive
a. Unconscious, not breathing – CPR & AED use
b. Unconscious, breathing – Recovery position
- Be able to provide first aid for an a child or adult who is choking
- Identify how to administer first aid to a child or adult who is experiencing a seizure
- Be able to provide first aid to a child or adult with external bleeding
- Know how to provide first aid to a child or adult who is suffering from shock
- Know how to provide first aid to a child or adults with bites, stings and minor injuries
- Help a child or adult with burns, asthma attack, broken bones
- The First Aid Kit
- The Emergency Action Plan
This 8 hour class will give you the skills and confidence to deal with all the above.
Assessment and Certification
1. Practical skills are assessed by continuous observation by the trainer and there is a written assessment paper to check understanding.
- 6 x Practical assessments
- 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
2. Certificate of Completion First Aid for Teachers
N25,000 per individual (a minimum of 7 and a maximum of 12, organised at your venue).
Book Below For the Class:
Please fill in your details to book a class.