Your child involved in an emergency situation and you don’t know what to do is a horrible position. You have to learn first aid for baby and child. Caregivers want to protect their children/ward from all potential dangers and will most often take steps to make their home as safe an environment as possible.
Unfortunately, despite one’s best efforts, accidents may still happen. Of the accidents that cause these injuries, half occur in the home. This first aid for baby and child (1 -8 years old) has been designed with you in mind, to educate you through exactly what you need to know and giving you the confidence to act appropriately.
- Parents of children (till 8yrs old)
- New and expectant parents
- Family members
What Will You Learn?
- Safety first!
- Action at an emergency – priorities of treatment
- Care of the baby or child who is unconscious but breathing – Recovery position
- Care of the baby or child who is unconscious and not breathing – CPR
- Trauma and its consequences
- Burns & scalds
- Medical conditions such as fever, seizures and burns and poisoning
- How to use your First Aid Kit
- Your Emergency Action Plan
- Online class: At your own pace
- Physical class: 2 hours in our Lagos office.
This is a knowledge course and not for certification.
You can receive a Certificate of Participation (note that this does not meet workplace requirements) if you complete the practical skill session in our Lagos office at no additional cost.
N15,000 per individual (a minimum of 5 – 8 organised at your venue if you need on-site physical sessions. This will be at an additional cost of N50,000)