A medical emergency can happen anywhere, when you least expect it. And you have to be prepared to save a life (or lives). We believe that it is important to learn CPR & First Aid.
This happened in a court. Watch the video to see the lessons to be learnt on how to act and what is important in a medical emergency.
What you should learn about CPR & Medical Emergencies from this video
1. A high index of suspicion and recognition of a problem. People would have thought the man was “resting”, but the Sheriff knew something was wrong.
2. An immediate call for help. They called 911. This is important because the earlier medical professionals come, the higher the chances of the victim surviving.
3. Early compressions to help blood circulate. It is important to know this skill as paramedics or emergency medical services will take time to get to the scene.
4. Takeover of compressions by another person. CPR is tiring and more people should have this skill so as to take over when someone is tired. If you are not doing high – quality CPR, you might as well not bother.
5. They had an AED (automated external defibrillator) which they used.
6. No panic, no wailing, no theatrics as they will not help. Only calm focus on saving the life of the victim.
Learn CPR & First Aid in Lagos
Learning life saving skills are so important. Make time to attend a class. Learn CPR and First Aid in Lagos.
First Aid by Levande offers a variety of CPR & First Aid Trainings, both in our facility and on-site. Please see what First Aid by Levande offers or call us on 08177321761 to find our more.