This comprehensive Full Paediatric First Aid Course is presented at your setting over TWO consecutive DAYS days of your choice. This course is advisable such that a trained caregiver is available at all times within a professional child care establishment in the absence of their parents, whether in-house or on trips and excursions.
If you don’t need first aid training for work reasons but would like to learn first aid for babies and children, take our first aid for baby and child class which is tailored to new and expectant parents, grandparents and carers.
- Creche & daycare workers
- Pre-school workers
- School clubs
- Nursery and early primary school caregivers
What Will You Learn?
- The role of the Paediatric First Aider
- Planning for a medical emergency
- The need for recording accidents and incidents
- The Primary Assessment
- Resuscitation techniques
- Recovery Position
- Seizures including Febrile Convulsions
- Bleeds & Minor Injuries
- Burns & Scalds
- RECAP of Day 1
- Bites & Stings
- Eyes, Ears & Nose Conditions
- Fractures, Dislocations, Sprains and Strains
- Head & Spinal Injuries
- Chronic Medical Conditions including: Asthma, Croup, Diabetes, Meningitis, Sickle Cell
- Electrical Shocks
- Extreme Temperatures covering: Body Temperature, Hypothermia, Heat Exhaustion, Heat Stroke
- Appropriate contents of a first aid box
- Preparing your emergency action plan
A minimum of 6 hours daily for 2 days.
Assessment and certification
Practical skills are assessed by continuous observation by the trainer and there is a written assessment paper to check understanding.
Certificate of Completion (Full Paediatric First Aid)
N40,000 per individual (a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12, organised at your venue)
Book Below For the Class:
Please fill in your details to book a class.