A child involved in an emergency situation, and the caregiver not knowing what to do is a horrible position to be in. Caregivers want to protect their children/ward from all potential dangers and will most often take steps to make their home as safe an environment as possible.
Unfortunately, despite one’s best efforts, accidents may still happen. Of the accidents that cause these injuries, half occur in the home. This first aid for baby and child (1 -8 years old) has been designed with you in mind, to educate you through exactly what you need to know and giving you the confidence to act appropriately.
- Parents of children (till 8yrs old)
- New and expectant parents
- Family members
What Will You Learn?
- Safety first!
- Action at an emergency – priorities of treatment
- Care of the baby or child who is unconscious but breathing – Recovery position
- Care of the child who is unconscious and not breathing – CPR differences between baby & child CPR
- Safe sleep – prevention of SIDS
- Falls and its consequences
- Burns & scalds
- Foreign objects in nose and ear
- Bites – insects & snakes
- Broken bones, strains & sprains
- Medical conditions such as fever, febrile convulsions, asthma attack and meningitis
- How to use your First Aid Kit
- Your Emergency Action Plan
This 3 – 4 hour class will give you the skills and confidence to deal with all the above and more!
Certificate of Learning (please note that this does not meet workplace requirements)
Home: N50,000 (maximum of 3 participants in your home)
Group: N15,000 per individual ( a maximum of 10, organised at your venue)
Book Below For the Class:
Please fill in your details to book a class.