This course is suitable for people who care for children in any professional setting and is specifically aimed at qualified early years childcare staff and those working with other staff who hold a Full Paediatric First Aid Certificate.
Suitable for anyone working with children from birth to 8 years.
If you don’t need first aid training for work reasons but would like to learn first aid for babies and children, take our first aid for baby and child class which is tailored to new and expectant parents, grandparents and carers.
- Creche & daycare workers
- Pre-school workers
- School clubs
- Parents who want to learn lifesaving skills
- Those working with or caring for babies and young children
What Will You Learn?
1. Understand the role and responsibilities of the paediatric first aider
2. Be able to assess an emergency situation safely
3. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are unresponsive
a. Unconscious, not breathing – CPR & AED use
b. Unconscious, breathing – Recovery position
4. Be able to provide first aid for an infant and a child who are choking
5. Identify how to administer first aid to an infant or a child who is experiencing a seizure
6. Be able to provide first aid to an infant and a child with external bleeding
7. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child who is suffering from shock
8. Know how to provide first aid to an infant or a child with bites, stings and minor injuries
9. The First Aid Kit
10. The Emergency Action Plan
This 7 – 8 hour (1 day) class will give you the skills and confidence to deal with all the above and more!
Assessment and certification
1. Practical skills are assessed by continuous observation by the trainer and there is a written assessment paper to check understanding.
- 5 x Practical assessments
- 1 x Theory assessment (Multiple Choice Question Paper).
2. Certificate of Completion
N20,000 per individual (a minimum of 6 and a maximum of 12, organised at your venue)
Book Below For the Class:
Please fill in your details to book a class.